Message us about this guitar. We love talking guitars! Please send us a message about this guitar.
Every guitar is unique, let's talk about the sound and feel of this one. You can only learn so much from reading the specs...
The D-21 Special is a limited edition dreadnought that is limited to 300 guitars. The D-21 Special is rich with East Indian Rosewood which is used not only for the back, sides, and headplate but also for the fingerboard and bridge. Other unique features are the nickel open-gear tuners and black binding around the entire body of the guitar. The D-21 Special includes a Sitka spruce top with forward-shifted scalloped bracing, a traditional hand-fit dovetail neck, and a polished gloss finish. Some modern touches include a modern belly drop-in saddle and a high performance neck, for enhanced playability and comfort.
- Model: D-21 Special Limited Edition
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Multi-Stripe
- Bracing Pattern: Forward Shifted X Brace
- Brace Shape: Scalloped
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Size: 5/16"
- Back Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Back Purfling/Strip: Style 28
- Side Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Endpiece: Black
- Binding: Black
- Top Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Neck Taper: High Performance Taper
- Plek Set-Up: Yes
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Square Taper
- Headplate Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Old Style Overlay
- Heelcap: Black
- Fingerboard Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 3/4''
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8''
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Mother of Pearl
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Style 28
- Side Dots: White
- Back and Side Finish: Gloss
- Finish Top: Gloss
- Top Color: Clear
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Neck Color: Dark Mahogany
- Bridge Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/32"
- Saddle: Compensated Bone
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open Gear
- Recommended Strings: SP Acoustic 92/8 Phosphor Bronze Medium (MSP4200)
- Knob: Butterbean
- Bridge Pin Material: Black Plastic
- Pickguard: Black
- Case: Ply Hardshell
Customers also viewed