Evans Onyx resonant series features a single ply of 7.5mil film and an offset 5" microphone port. The EQ3-like design offers a warm and punchy sound with a controlled, short decay that's ideal for both live and studio applications. The Onyx film contains a frost matte coating offering a short sustain with a dark sound.
For over 40 years, Evans has been a pioneer of drum head manufacturing and design. Known for innovative designs such as EMAD, EC2S, and the Hydraulic series, Evans drum heads are made in the USA in a state of the art manufacturing facility. Acquired in 1996 by D?Addario and Company, the global leader in musical instrument accessories, the Evans brand is synonymous with quality and consistency.
- 18" resonant drum head made using a single ply of 7mil film coated with a frost matte coating
- A fixed, internal overtone control ring is made for every microphone situation, from the studio to arena
- The 5" offset mic port features a plastic sleeve focuses pitch and enhances the attach while providing protection for the port
- Available in a frosted, onyx, smooth white and coated white version
- All Evans drum heads are designed, engineered and manufactured in the USA