The ASAT Deluxe Carved Top: one of the beefiest ASATs ever.
One look and you know this ASAT is badass. It’s fired up with twin chrome-covered Alnico humbuckers – designed by G&L’s Paul Gagon – mounted in a bound, flame maple-topped mahogany body. This new axe takes the iconic ASAT further into heavy territory while retaining the feel and playability that have made the ASAT a perennial favorite among players.
The ASAT Deluxe Carved Top sports an easy-playing 1-5/8” nut-width neck, a classic C-shaped back and 12” fingerboard radius to make deep bends a breeze. Holding it down on the other end is a G&L Saddle Lock bridge designed by Leo Fender for comfort and singing sustain. The Gagon-designed pickups are split via a push/pull tone pot to offer everything from jangly single-coil tones to gritty blues to scorching leads.
The ASAT Deluxe Carved Top is just what many ASAT fans have been waiting for: an affordable, well-made alternative to the Fullerton-made G&L ASAT Deluxe. Guitarist Joel Kelley of the up-and-coming alt-rock band Edisun is using the axe on tour in support of the band’s self-titled debut album. Edisun’s music is in regular use by ESPN sports and will be preloaded on 4 million Sony tablet computers this year.
- CONSTRUCTION: bolt-on
- SCALE: 25 1/2"
- PICKUPS: G&L AS4250C in neck position, G&L AW4370C in bridge position; designed by Paul Gagon
- BODY WOOD: Mahogany with Flame Maple top
- NECK WOOD: Hard-Rock Maple with Rosewood fingerboard
- NECK RADIUS: 12"
- FRETS: 22 medium jumbo
- NECK WIDTH AT NUT: 1 5/8"
- NECK PROFILE: classic C
- BRIDGE: G&L Saddle Lock
- CONTROLS: 3-position pickup selector, volume, tone with push/pull coil tap
- FINISH: Trans Red or Trans Black, bound body, black headstock