Post-Punk Radiation Morphs Leo Fender's SC-2
What would an ’83 G&L SC-2? be if Leo Fender recreated it for today’s scene? The crew at G&L think it would be a lot like the new Fallout. After all, when inspiration comes from original G&L SC guitars modded by the likes of Devo’s Mark and Bob Mothersbaugh and Band Of Susans’ Robert Poss, there are lots of cues to follow.
The SC-2 was born as a cool looking, comfortable and light axe that could be thrashed mercilessly and not miss a beat. Fallout keeps those qualities in the mix but branches out to cover today’s sophisticated textures and tones.
Fallout shares the original Leo Fender-designed SC-2 body shape, comfortable, sustain-rich G&L Saddle Lock bridge and easy-playing medium-C-shape neck with a 12” radius and medium-jumbo frets.
From dirty riffs to jangly hooks, the G&L Tribute Series Fallout delivers with a great pairing of Paul Gagon-designed Alnico pickups: a gorgous P-90 and meaty humbucker splittable via a push/pull tone pot.
The look transcends the SC-2’s simplicity with a sweeping pickguard that complements the body shape perfectly. Balancing out the aesthetics is a sleeker interpretation of the ‘80s-era G&L headstock shape designed exclusively for the Fallout.
- CONSTRUCTION: bolt-on
- SCALE: 25 1/2"
- PICKUPS: Paul Gagon-designed Alnico pickups, G&L AP4285B P-90 in neck position and G&L AW4470B humbucker in bridge positon
- BODY WOOD: Mahogany
- NECK WOOD: Hard-Rock Maple with Rosewood fingerboard
- NECK WIDTH AT NUT: 1 5/8"
- NECK RADIUS: 12"
- NECK PROFILE: medium C
- FRETS: 22 medium jumbo, nickel
- TUNING KEYS: 18:1 ratio, sealed-back
- BRIDGE: G&L Saddle Lock?
- CONTROLS: 3-position pickup selector, volume, tone with push/pull coil tap