- Kazoo Band
St. Patricks's Day Parade Kazoo Band
Saturday March 14th, 2020
In Historic Delano
All Ages Welcome, No Music Ability Required.
Come join the fun with Damm Music and march in the St. Patrick's Parade in Historic Delano.
The first 100 people to sign up get a FREE Damm Music Kazoo Band T-Shirt and their very own Kazoo to play! Shirt sizes and availability are first come, first serve. Shirts will be passed out starting at 11:00 at the parade. You're also welcome to wear any Green St. Patty's Day Festive stuff. Kazoos will be handed out at the Parade.
The parade starts at noon, we will meet on McLean Street at 11:00am, a more specific location will be made the week of the parade.
The Parade route is from McLean & Douglas to Walnut & Douglas.
Due to the ban/recommendation on public events of 250 or more in Sedgwick County, the St. Patrick Parade in Wichita has been cancelled.
No Kazoo Band this year ;( sorry.
We'll have to have twice as much fun next year.
The registration form has been removed.
2020 Parade Logistics for those already signed up:
• Meet at Douglas & Waco (between Century II & Hotel Broadview) at 11am, Parade begins at 12 noon.
• Kevin will be there by 11:00am, try to be there no later than 11:30am, as we might start walking.
• Shirts & Kazoos will be available at meeting spot (first come, first serve).
• If you want to pass out candy, make sure it gets to the crowd, don’t make the kids run into the middle of the street.
• Douglas will be closed from Walnut to Main Street.
• When we get to the end at Douglas & Walnut, we’ll turn South (Left) and need to disperse quickly.
• We do not have a parade entry number.
• Have Fun! Things might not go exactly as planned, but we’ll have fun anyway.
• No rain date, this parade is RAIN OR SHINE
• See Map Below
The new shirts are printed and ready for pick up at Damm Music. It's first come, first served. If you plan to pick up shirts Friday after 4:00, they might not be there, please call the store first to check if Kevin has left with them. Shirts will also be available at the parade at 11am Saturday.
Songs & Kazoos:
As in the past, we will go through each song 3 times, first on Kazoo, then singing, then one more time on kazoo. Then the drums will play a bit and we'll go to the next song. Kazoos will be handed out the morning of the parade. Same songs as last year:
1) When the Saints Go Marching In
2) Yankee Doodle
3) God Bless America
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me.
Looking forward to seeing you at the parade!