Give yourself control over the first valve slide on your trumpet, instantly.
The thumb saddle slide on a trumpet is designed to be one size fits all - or more accurately, to fit the largest thumb possible. The Trumpet Gapper® comfortably takes up the gap between your thumb and the saddle on your trumpet. This gives students and professionals alike more immediate control over the first valve slide.
Gapper® will help even beginners with intonation, control, and comfort. Advanced players and professionals will wonder how they ever played without it. Available in multiple sizes and designed to fit a variety of trumpets and trumpet models.
How big are the Thumb Gappers?:
- XS Gapper: .32 inches, designed for extremely wide saddles and/or very small hands.
- Small Gapper: .26 inches, designed for wide saddles and/or small hands.
- Medium Gapper: .20 inches, designed for average sized hands.
- Large Gapper: .14 inches, designed for narrower saddles and/or larger hands
- XL Gapper: .08 inches, designed for the narrowest saddles and/or very large hands.
About the Gapper's Inventor:
David Hunsicker, inventor of the Gapper®, is currently the trumpet professor at Wichita State University and Principal Trumpet of the Wichita Symphony. A couple of decades ago he discovered the necessity of filling the gap to give him better control over the third valve slide. He is thrilled to have an elegant, easy, inexpensive solution to share with trumpet players and teachers.