Breedlove Discovery S Concertina Red Cedar-African Mahogany
Sometimes undersung in the guitar world, western red cedar has a glowing warmth that responds quickly to fingerstyle play while offering a rosy definition to relaxed strumming. It finds a perfect duet partner in the clarity and cutting power of African mahogany. In a comfortable, easy to play, short-scale 12-fret parlor-like Concertina format, red cedar, simply put, is a folkie’s dream. This solid top, slim-necked Breedlove Discovery S Concertina, which features sustainable earth-conscious, sonically superior EcoTonewood technology, is spartan and gorgeous, with a striking faux tortoise rosette setting off the simple, iridescent natural beauty of the cedar grain. Discover the Breedlove ECO Collection—where the guitar meets the forest.
- Body Type: Concertina
- Layered Back & Sides: African Mahogany
- Cutaway: None
- Headstock shape: Wave
- Scale Length: 24.75”
- # Frets: 18
- Nut Width: 1.69"
- Lower Bout Width: 14.75"
- Waist Width: 8.64"
- Upper Bout Width: 10.828"
- Body Length: 19.08"
- Body Depth at neck: 3.11”
- Body Depth at tailblock: 3.85"
- Sound Hole Diameter: 3.877"
- Tuners: Chrome Closed Gear
- String Gauge: D'Addario XT PB Light
- Case: N/A
Wood and Animal Contents
- Top: Western Red Cedar/Thuja plicata/United States
- Back and Sides: African Mahogany/ Khaya anthotheca/ Republic of Congo
- Neck: African Mahogany/ Khaya anthotheca/ Republic of Congo
- Fretboard: Ovangkol/ Guibourtia ehie/ Republic of Congo
- Bridge: Ovangkol/ Guibourtia ehie/ Republic of Congo
- Headstock overlay: Ovangkol/ Guibourtia ehie/ Republic of Congo